I’m J Edward.
Quite often, I get asked to do album covers, book covers, and other licensed products. It’s time I addressed it publicly.
A lot of artists have complex or difficult-to-understand rules regarding art rights, cover work, commissions, and exclusivity.
I do not.
My rules are simple:
Album Covers, Book Covers, T-Shirts, & Other Licensed Products
- If you purchase an original painting (not a print) you may use it for your book cover, album cover, t-shirt line, or any other licensed product. Simply let me know after the purchase is complete, and I will agree in writing not to ever give license for that piece to another person for the purpose of cover work.
- If you live overseas and are unable to purchase an original (usually due to high shipping costs) and you want to use one of my images for cover work (either for business or personal use) I will accept a one-time payment of $75. For this, I will email you a high-resolution image and grant you non-exclusive rights (meaning someone else is permitted to use the image if they pay similarly) to the image.
- If you’d like to use an image for your business, cover art, or album art, but the original painting has sold (but has not been licensed) I will accept a one-time payment for $75. This option is for non-exclusive licenses only (meaning someone else is permitted to use the image if they pay similarly) to the image.
Digitally Downloaded Prints
- If you’d like to use one of my images to make your own prints (for personal use only) but you live outside of North America, please click on my available art downloads here. Any digital images obtained this way are not to be used for cover work, sale, or commercial distribution. (I’m trusting you to be a good human. 🙂 ) Also, if the image you’d like doesn’t appear available for download, please reach out to me. I can add them very quickly.
- If you’d like to use one or several of my artworks for tattoos, I request only that you download the images (very inexpensive) using this link here.
Commissions, Custom Work, Copyrights, A.I. Art & NFT’s
- I do not do commissions or custom work. It’s nothing personal, of course. Commissions interfere with my process, and frankly, they pay poorly for my time investment.
- I reserve the right to sell my prints until the end of time. Regardless of any image’s use as cover work.
- None of my work is digital art or A.I. I keep it old school…always.
- I do not do NFT’s. If you see an NFT with my artwork, be advised it is unauthorized and stolen. Proceed at your own risk.
Want to discuss further? Find me via any of my social media links.
Want to view the originals and prints I have available? Go here.
Much love to everyone.
May the art live forever.
A Sample of Previous Cover Work (Albums & Books)